Beautiful old world charm in wonderfully modern home
213 Westbury Drive, Chapel Hill. $599,000. 3600 square feet, 4 bedrooms including main floor guest bedroom or second master. Second floor master with sitting area, front and back covered porches, two fireplaces, high ceilings and abundant light throughout. Dual zone gas heat/central air, 50-year synthetic slate roof replaced 2012. Chapel Hill schools. | MLS details | Feature list | floor plan coming soon | View the Virtual Tour
This special home was constructed by master builder Jim Bartlett (Smythes Ltd) for his own family. A one of a kind home, this home features a beautiful cottage design with high ceilings and hardwood floors on main and second floors, windows and doors with transoms for extra light, private baths for each bedroom, two gas fireplaces, and both front and rear covered porches.
- Cedar shake siding with stacked stone accents.
- Wraparound covered front porch with window boxes
- State of the art 50-year synthetic slate roof installed 2012
- Private fenced-in garden and back yard.
- Wraparound covered back porch overlooking beautiful professionally-designed landscaping.
- Spacious and welcoming foyer with high ceilings is reminiscent of grand homes of the South yet without the slightest pretense. The gracefully curved banisters beautifully accents the open stairway which ascends to the second floor.
- Coat closet is conveniently located by the front door.
- Powder room features charming antique furniture vanity with sink and plantation shutters.
- The cozy living room enjoys direct access to the front porch. The stunning fireplace with stone accents provides charm as well as warmth. Well-placed windows allow sunlight to stream through plantation shutters.
- The open kitchen/family room is perfect for today’s lifestyle. Vaulted ceilings, two story windows and skylights provide an airy feel, and brick floors ground the space with a natural beauty and unparalleled durability. A second gas fireplace warms cool evenings, and built-in bookcases flank the fireplace. A wall of windows provides gorgeous views to the backyard.
- The kitchen is spacious, with granite countertops, glass-front cabinets and stainless appliances (gas cooktop and wall ovens) as well as a large center island with space for all of your friends to gather. Abundant recessed lighting illuminates the workspaces.
- An office on the main floor is so convenient, and this one includes a walk-in closet.
- The art of entertaining is still a valuable part of today’s lifestyle, and the generously proportioned dining room provides the perfect beginning for a relaxed evening. A large window takes advantage of the treetop views.
- The main floor guest bedroom could serve as a second master, with a walk-in closet and direct access to the covered porch and back yard. The private bath features a shower and large vanity, with vaulted ceilings for a spacious feel.
- The elegant landing features an art niche and leads to the sitting area on the landing. The bedrooms are well placed for maximum privacy, and a second stairway leads upstairs to the unfinished walk-up attic.
- The incredible master suite features ten-foot ceilings with ceiling fan, sitting area alcove and two capacious walk-in closets as well as attic nooks in the eaves. Double doors open to the luxurious bath which is tastefully tiled and features vaulted ceilings and a cozy nook for sitting or your favorite piece of furniture. The tile shower offers a modern luxury, the generous dual sink vanity and closet present opportunities to store all of your personal items, and the whirlpool tub makes this the perfect retreat.
- Two secondary bedrooms each have private baths, one with tiled shower and one with tub/shower combination. Both secondary bedrooms feature large walk-in closets
- Second walk-in attic is easy to access at the end of the landing.
- Two zone HVAC with gas furnaces and central air conditioning. Downstairs system replaced in 2010, upstairs systems replaced in 2007. Two water heaters, both replaced in 2007.